Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Sunflower Diary

Well the sunflowers are coming along--I have given them a first coat and am starting to get more details in --I am debating posting them as I go....but --then again-......I have a lot more to do ...I did take a picture and showed it to a few people at work and got a good response.
I wrote this earlier and thought i discarded it but here it was so decided to add to this post.
The sunflower painting is coming along--I am kinda excited but also leery--It is to the point where I am ready to put the "icing" on it, the fun part, but the part  when it can turn to magic or..........be ruined-- there is always that chance we face. I tend to take it to far, then I take it back then a little more---STOP! I love painting. I hate painting! grrrr
 I am going to order a book Marci Oleszkiewicz recommends--its called Art & Fear: Observations on the Perils ( and Rewards) of art making. She says we all feel like this--somehow that is good --like an artist of her caliber can have the same feelings as me---yep I am going to get that book!

Anyway sunflowers are fun to paint--I like the bright glowing colors and how they are so joyful--well we will see how it all turns out. I'll keep you posted!

2 comments:

  1. I'm looking forward to seeing your sunflowers, Char! I know you'll do a wonderful job.

    I understand your feelings. It makes it easier and harder at the same time when you know the painting is already sold.

    But, hey, that's great. Just go for it and enjoy the process! I can't wait to see your latest! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for your encourgement Teresa--I almost took off this Post but I think I will keep it as this is really a diary of my thoughts and feelings as I am creating a painting--and who knows this may be a good thing!

    ReplyDelete