Saturday, August 27, 2011

On The Easel, Still

Worked on it this afternoon --it is getting close to being finished--i will probably work on it more tomorrow. I really enjoyed this painting ( I will prob hate it tomorrow.  I am not going to post it on fb till I am sure I am really and truly done.  I have another set-up of the joyful sunflowers that I took pictures of in a glass vase--if I decide this is done I may re photo (this shot is crooked, I know) to get a better shot. I think I have changed my mind of what i am calling this--I was going to call it House Blessing with Sunflowers--a friend at work (Scott) said i should call it KANSAS.  I like that--what do you think????

5 comments:

  1. Really nice Charlotte. Love all the different directions the sunflowers are going and that highlight on the brass is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Barb--it's nice to know someone is looking at my blog! Visit often--I appreciate your remarks!xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think that whatever Scott says is always right. (Yes, I am sucking up. He's going to be helping me with my drawings at work - or vice versa.)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't tell Scott, but I don't like the title of Kansas. (Can you delete my last comment?) I like your title AND I love this painting. You used yellow/gold so many ways. This painting looks like it belongs in the Nelson with the other old masters.

    ReplyDelete
  5. oh My Kelly---what a super duper compliment---you check will be in the mail! xxoo

    ReplyDelete