Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Beginnings....

I took off work Monday and shopped for Sunflowers!!!I found some beauties at the grocery store (that is where Nancy Medina finds them---thanks Nancy(Sunflower Queen) --I came home without stopping for the blue vase--I could not wait! Then I set up several possible paintings--i had sunflowers in a glass vase, I had sunflowers in a brass colored container--i had sunflowers laying, I had some in two vases----took scads of photos ---now I have to choose which one to paint from this weekend. I think it will be one in the brass thingy--it was a bucket like thing that they used to put ashes in from the fireplace---not sure but you cant see much of it. Wow sunflowers are BIG! Aren't they happy flowers? Even drooping, they are charming.--I was going to post my photos, but thought better---don't want anyone saying they like the photo better!!! I showed a co-worker my gaggle of photos and she said as she was half way thru them, Oh, you took these photos yourself?  I thought you found them on the Internet. I took that as a compliment ---Hey, you take them where you get em! lol

4 comments:

  1. What a delightful post, Char! I'm looking forward to Sunflowers a la Char!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't wait to see some of those sunflowers painting Charlotte, I know you will do a beautiful job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How nice for you to say Barb--I have wanted to paint them for so long (being from Kansas, lol)but thanks so much for your encouragement! xxxoo

    ReplyDelete