Tuesday, September 6, 2011

STILL ON THE EASEL~KANSAS

Getting close, I think--maybe one or two more days--I painted all day--really longer than I should have--made alot of changes I think I need to wait and paint with a fresh eye--i am staring at it in here (front room) and it is prettier than the photo shows but not done--aargh I still need to wash my brushes and get things ready for work tomorrow---waaaaa--poor me. lol Already, I am staring at the painting and see where i need to make lots of stuff different--why do we see but don't see--I do think you can see clearer when you photo and it seems you have to post --then & only then do you see your mistakes. But still each step gets better than the last, I think.... Next morning---i think i am gonna change the bkrd again--i will change till i am satisfied--i need to work on lots of things. It is good i am at work as i am at the point to scrub everything out! lol
Here it is Friday (9-9) and have not been able to go back to my painting---many changes are in my mind--itching to work on it-wondering if i will make it worse...Just read this on another wonderful blog and I think it applies to painting too, as well as life....
"Strange how that it is — that sometimes something has to fall apart — for something better to fall together."   Wow, I needed to read that!

5 comments:

  1. i LOVE how the painting changes. Thank you so much for doing this blog and documenting your work. BEAUTIFUL!

    ReplyDelete
  2. More Sunflowers, just beautiful Charlotte. I know what you mean about photographing them and then seeing things that need adjusted. I think it's another tool to use to check our work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kelly thanks so much-- & i am so glad you like that I post my steps in painting--It has been kind of a learning curve for me to see how things change. thanks for stopping by!

    Barb, thanks again for stopping by and commenting--I agree it is a tool for us --sometimes looking at a photo you can be more objective and almost look at it as someone elses work for a moment anyway--it is funny how our minds work!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!! Love this, such a delicate background and such strong color.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh thanks so much Nancy---i am prob gonna change it again but glad u love----coming from you means much!

    ReplyDelete