Tuesday, September 27, 2011

COLORS OF SUMMER (SOLD)

Here it is finished --remember before I felt the right side needed something? I took artist privilege and added a loose painted flower and some "sort of" leaves, and debris on the table. See how each step it gets more refined---you can't do that all at once (or least, I can't)
This is one painting that got the most comments (besides the painting of my mom) But my favorite comment on this painting was the following "What a delicate painting and wonderful movement too, like notes breaking free from from a bar-line." I cherish that compliment.

4 comments:

  1. A soft lovely painting, I sure understand why it sold. So great to see your steps too, thanks for posting those.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Barb I appreciate your comment. I am pleased you like the steps--xxoo

    ReplyDelete