Monday, July 25, 2011

Alyssas' Roses (After Catherine Kline)

This was painted from a study of Catherine Klines' beautiful roses. I think everyone at one time or another has studied the roses of this wonderful woman-she was such an inspiration for all of us! Anyway I painted this for my granddaughter and I signed it Grammy. Can I say again I love roses? It is at this moment hanging in Alyssas' bedroom! Oh, Oh, Oh, I almost forgot to tell you, when Alyssa was really really little she called me (you won't believe this) Grammy Rose. Jaime told me she said one day "momma, can we go see Grammy Rose? She saw me painting roses and just put 2 & 2 together. Is that not adorable? I wonder if I should have named my blog .......... Art by Grammy Rose   or Grammy Roses Art Blog   or ....what do you think???

2 comments:

  1. What a beauty, roses are so romatic!
    Good luck with your blog Charlotte!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so very much for your lovely comment and good wishes for my blog!

    ReplyDelete