Thursday, July 21, 2011

Mary

This is a painting I did from a photo of my Mothers wedding--It is a special painting that I loved working on. As a small child mom showed me the photo and I just loved it & thought it was magical, I thought she was beautiful. So when I found the photo in later years, I just had to paint it. This is the result--This painting won 1st place at my place of works' art contest and went on to win 1st place at the city-wide art show at Union Station, which was such an honor. It was displayed that year at the well known Plaza Art Fair. Needless to say, I was thrilled. My profile picture on this blog is of me receiving the award at Union Station--I think you can see how pleased I was! (NFS)

2 comments:

  1. Char, I never tire of looking at this painting. The awards were well deserved. :)

    ReplyDelete