Wednesday, February 19, 2014

House Blessing with Sunflowers (SOLD long ago)

I am posting this again (because the story behind it is so cool)--just stay with me---this painting  is one of my favorites anyway)...

I was cleaning out my mail today at work and I found this note below that was in my draft folder ----I had written this before I even bought the sunflowers at the grocery store to use for my painting--I had this painting in my mind!!!--

 A student in one of my painting classes made the "House Blessing" for me years  & years ago. She used wheat that she grew herself & picked herself in Bonner Springs, Kansas. She said it was an old Indian tradition. The Indian tradition was that if you grew, and picked and weaved the wheat yourself, it was believed  it would keep your house safe and blessed! I still have the blessing hanging above my front door. 
Hmmmmmm...now if the grocery store just will have Sunflowers, beautiful sunnies!

No comments:

Post a Comment