Monday, March 12, 2012

Soft Breeze


The curtain was actually a drape with a shadow cast by the glass basket--after I painted it, I decided it looked more like a curtain gently blowing in the breeze-so be it!
I finally reworked the roses and cloth that had bugged me for so very long--I think I like it better now. The roses before were so tight and I wanted them softer--also the cloth ended abruptly and I hated that so I brought it over the edge and I think I like that better.
 This is 14.5x18.5 Original Oil (including custom frame) ($750)

2 comments:

  1. Char, what a beautiful painting! I love those paintings we hold onto for one reason or another and then take them out again and -- voila -- we are able to finally fix something. You must feel very satisfied that you didn't just take the first answer and kept on... :) It's just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much Teresa--I didn't see your comment! Yes, the painting bugged me for so very long--it was framed and everything--I actually changed what i wanted while it was in its' customed frame. It took me years to have the courage to change it and I am glad I did.

    ReplyDelete