Saturday, May 21, 2016

The Shining

First (messy) blocking--establishing placement, some value patterns and just getting my feel of which way I want to take this. I painted this from some pictures I took at a "Tea" I went to with my nieces at their church. WE all had to dress up and wear hats and gloves and we were served fancy little sandwiches and desserts --fun. They decorated with flowers from their gardens and hats--I saw this and it was in the recessed stain-glass window and the light shining in on the flowers took my breath away.
Half-way thru blocking this in, the old movie "The Shining" came on tv--soooo I had to stop painting and go in the front room to watch. That was such a good movie, and it had been so long since I watched it, I just had to see it and not just hear it. I had forgotten so much of it. I thought I got a good start with the painting anyway. So if it turns out like I intend, I will name it The Shining." If it doesn't glow like I want, I will change the name....stay tuned!

No comments:

Post a Comment