Thursday, November 3, 2011

Lost & Found

This post is not about art or edges! But I have to share--bare with me!

I love my copper-like necklace, bracelet, ring, and most important my copper earrings. I bought them separately but they look so good together---& before I found my earrings at an art show that had jewelry that people fashioned - I never liked any of my earrings to wear with the ensemble--but then I found the earrings---PERFECT!

Then one day over a month ago I wore my simply wonderful ensemble of jewelry (that I love) and all of a sudden I realized one earring was missing---I was sooo upset-- I looked under my desk--in the bathroom--i went downstairs to the good friend that everything is turned in to--earrings and important things like that. I took off my one earring and sadly put it in my purse-- I was heart sick --I always lose the favorite earring--I have a collection of the one earring without its mate. (I am very dramatic, I know.)
Then about 2 weeks ago, I came to work and THERE IT WAS laying on my desk--I assumed the cleaning people found it--I was soo happy---So I looked for the one in my purse---oh no --it wasn't there --it must have fallen out of my purse and wasn't the lost one...oh bummer.
Then this morning I got my ensemble out and was looking in my jewelry box for earrings to go with it , knowing than none would and OH MY GOSH--there was the one earring in among the other earrings--i got so excited --and then I stopped and thought I must have thrown it in there when I found it a couple of weeks ago...but to just be sure I looked in my purse again.......................OH MY GOODNESS-- there it was--by some miracle  I have both ----happy dance--see doesn't take much to make me happy!!!!! lol

5 comments:

  1. Yeah for you. I lost a wonderful gold hoop a while back with diamond chips, I backtracked all over but no earring. I am happy you had a happy ending.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks barb--you won't believe it but i looked down on the floor today and found one laying there---UNBELIEVEABLE--and oh I'm not done--I came home and reached up to take them off and one was gone---I ran downstairs and found it on the floor of my car---Do u think I need those stoppers to hold the hook earrings on? Duh--i am so retarded!I have had to many chances to not realize that!
    I hope yours will be found---- it happens. xxoo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, do I ever relate, Char! I found a ring I thought I had lost... months later! But I recently misplaced a necklace that was a gift and it's on my hunting list... I'm bummed by it.

    So glad you found the earring! I have a stash of those myself...

    ReplyDelete
  4. And why is it always our favorite earrings (or necklaces) that we lose? I am trying to think the lesson I should learn in my lost, found, lost, found earring--it's too deep for me. Maybe after a nights sleep I will see the lesson.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. And people wonder why I stopped wearing jewellery!!!!

    ReplyDelete